How long in advance should I book my shoot?
Shoots can be booked up to 6 months in advance. Please drop me an email or WhatsApp, as sometimes shoots get moved around, and dates become available at shorter notice.
What days are available for my shoot?
I’m open for shoots Tuesdays to Fridays, and occasionally on a Saturday if the shoot is urgent.
When is the best time to be photographed?
- For outdoor shoots, the most flattering light is early mornings or early evenings.
- Between November and early March, it’s light really early, with sunrise being around 05.45 (November) and 06.45 (March).
- Between late March and early November, it’s a bit later, so take this into consideration if early mornings are not your thing.
- Have a look at sunrise and sunset on www.timeanddate.com to get more of an idea.
Where will my shoot take place?
- Family and children’s sessions take place on location, like the beach, forest, your home (if you have lovely natural light indoors), or in my Sea Point studio.
- Think about the types of photos you would love displayed in your home, or in an album. Casual and barefoot or more formal?
- Portrait sessions (personal branding, headshots) take place in my studio. We’ll chat about this beforehand, as your brand may best be represented in an outdoor location.
- Women’s sessions take place in my studio, and can also be done outdoors if you prefer.
- Motherhood sessions generally take place in my studio, and can also be done outdoors, like on a beautiful beach.
What happens after my session?
I’ll send you a follow-up email after your session, to arrange for you to come to my studio to view your images.
When will my photos be ready to view?
This takes place 7-14 days after your shoot. Sooner if you heading back to your country. If you are leaving the day after your shoot, we can arrange your viewing session online on Zoom. This process is easy, and I’ll share my screen with you.
When will my beautiful photos be printed and ready?
Albums and framed art can take up to two weeks from when your order is placed. Folio box orders can be processed in a quicker time frame.
Can I have all the digital photos from my shoot?
For every print purchased, whether for framing, or printed in your album, you’ll receive the retouched digital equivalent of that photo in the size purchased. I use professional, high-quality printers, and I want you to receive the best service and products that last. I offer a reprinting service too if you wish to give copies to family.
The safety of my clients and everyone entering my studio is my top priority. As the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak continues to evolve and spreads globally, I am monitoring the situation closely based on current recommendations from the local South African authorities. Only one photo session will be conducted per day so that the photo studio and surrounding area and surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized following each session.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to my clients, I am asking that you please follow common-sense guidelines prior to your session. If you have had any symptoms at all or have been around anyone that has been sick in the past 2 weeks call me and I will reschedule your session. Hair and makeup artists will take the necessary precautions too, and will wear a mask and wash their hands at regular intervals during the session.